Change your attitude towards conflict and learn useful strategies for resolving conflict in this interactive twelve-hour course.
This course will help you to improve your practical skills for managing conflict, and will be particularly beneficial to those who face the challenge of managing or navigating conflict in their work environments. The course will consist of presentations from the facilitator, group work and self-work. The course is also offered as an optional foundation course to the negotiation skills course.
Join us for this 12-hour course held over four days.
When and where?
4, 5, 11, 12 March 2024 (Mondays and Tuesdays for two consecutive weeks), 14:00 to 17:00 SAST
This course will be held remotely, most likely on Zoom - exact details will be sent to registered participants a few days before the course.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Changing our attitude towards conflict
- Evaluating our approaches to conflict, and considering the value of different approaches
- The Conflict Path: Identifying the typical stages of a conflict situation, and understanding how different interventions may be warranted at different stages
- Types of Conflict: How an understanding of the Conflict Circle enables you to choose appropriate conflict resolution strategies
- Strategies for resolving conflict: Identifying multiple conflict resolution strategies and matching them to the conflict type
- Skills for managing inter-personal and inter-group conflict
Through your participation on this course you will:
- Gain greater clarity on your default responses to conflict
- Gain clarity on your default approach to managing conflict
- Better appreciate how your default responses and approaches to conflict impact the outcomes of conflict
- Acquire new tools to analyze a conflict situation thereby equipping yourself to achieve more optimal results from conflict situations
- Improve your practical skills for managing conflict, whether as a participant in a conflict situation or as a conflict resolver
- Be able to apply your new insights and learnings across multiple life, work and business domains
Who will benefit from this course?
The course will benefit anyone who wants to improve their conflict management skills, and will be particularly beneficial to those who face the challenge of managing or navigating conflict in their work environments. The course is also offered as an optional foundation course to the negotiation skills course.
David Woolfrey is a practising attorney and an experienced trainer and practitioner in conflict and dispute resolution.
R3,870 per person
A certificate of attendance from UCT will be awarded to students who attend the entire course.
How to sign up
Complete and submit the registration form. You will then be given the payment information. Please note that registrations will not be accepted until payment has been made.
One or two days before the course, we will send you the Zoom link. You will need to register and use a password to enter the virtual classroom.
Registrations close three days before the course starts.
Download the brochure.
You may also be interested in: