Are you losing a vast amount of time and money due to the frustration of formatting in Microsoft Word?
This course covers the essential Microsoft Word skills that legal professionals are expected to have. Recapping on the basics and going into advanced tools, this training provides legal professionals who are in search of productivity gains while drafting high quality legal documents with the necessary skill set.
Join us for a ten-hour course, held over five days.
When and where?
This course will be presented three times in 2024:
- 19 to 23 February 2024, 15:00 to 17:00 SAST
- 27 to 31 May 2024, 15:00 to 17:00 SAST
- 21 to 25 October 2024, 15:00 to 17:00 SAST
This course will be held remotely, most likely on Zoom - exact details will be sent to registered participants a few days before the course.
In this course, you will learn:
- about Microsoft Word templates;
- about House Style templates;
- about Styles and how to use them;
- about Section and Page breaks;
- about Table of Contents;
- how to paste correctly without damaging your document's layout;
- how to automatically cross reference in your documents;
- how to reduce drafting time like a pro with shortcuts, tips and tricks;
- how to change author names belonging to new versions or adjustments; and
- about the benefits of using the compare function over track changes for amendments.
Who will benefit from this course?
Law students, legal graduates, junior lawyers, mid-level lawyers and senior lawyers
Pam Padayachee's expertise is built on 25 years in the legal industry holding various positions at some of the largest law firms in South Africa. At PMV Virtual Assistants, Pam uses her expertise and experience to provide an invaluable extension to legal teams and firms through a range of business support services. Pam's reputation for “prettifying” documents exceeds her. Her “eagle eye” is her superpower.
R2,450 per person.
A certificate of attendance from UCT will be issued to those who attend the full course.
How to sign up
Complete and submit the registration form. You will then be given the payment information. Please note that your registration is not complete until payment has been made.
One or two days before the course, we will send you the Zoom link. You will need to register and use a password to enter the virtual classroom.
Registrations close three days before the course starts.
Download the brochure.