Dr Elkanah O. Babatunde
Dr Elkanah Pelumi Babatunde, is a Research Fellow in the Global Risk Governance programme He is a Senior Policy Analyst with the Government of Manitoba, Canada. Elkanah obtained his LLB degree at the University of Benin, Nigeria. He obtained an LLM and PhD at University of Cape Town. The title of his PhD is Climate Change Treaties and Equity: Bridging the Gap between Climate Change Action and the Need for Development.
Elkanah's interests centre around issues of human rights and global environmental governance.
- Babatunde, E.O. (2020) ‘Distributive justice in the age of climate change’ 33(2) Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence.
- Babatunde, E.O. (2019) ‘In the light of different national circumstances: Equity and climate change under the Paris Agreement’ vol. IV (2) Cambridge Law Review 105.
- Babatunde, E.O. (2019) 'Rulebook for a changing climate' Yale Global Online.
- Babatunde, E.O. (2017) ‘ECOWAS intervention in Gambia: A case study of the international law on the use of force and democratic governance.’ 6(2) University College London, Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 46.
- Babatunde, E.O. (2017) ‘Torture by the Nigerian Police Force: International obligations, national responses and the way forward’ 2(1) Strathmore Law Review 169.