Human Rights – Law and Practice: A specialist course for African judges
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the course are:
- to build on the judges’ broad knowledge and application of Human Rights Law at international, regional and national level.
- to equip the judges to deal with cases involving specialist areas of Human Rights Law, thereby
- further strengthening and promoting the Rule of Law.
By the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge and understanding of the specialist areas listed below and, as a consequence, should be able to:
- Identify and apply relevant international, regional and national human rights law in their daily decision making.
- Apply human rights principles where specific provisions are lacking or unclear.
- Women’s rights
- Modern slavery and people trafficking;
- LGBTI rights.
- Children’s rights and
- vulnerable witnesses
- Customary Law;
- Business and Human Rights
- Privacy and Security
Length of course